The Confluence of Innovation and Collaboration
A day of sharing stories, challenges, questions and generate new ideas to further advance integrated floodplain management
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
7700 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
We are excited that our May 28 Floodplains by Design workshop is just around the corner. Here is a peek at the agenda and a reminder to RSVP by Thursday, May 16.
Our May gathering is a time to reconnect with each other, to feel re-energized by your peers and to reflect on the power and value of the work you have been and are doing in river systems across the state.
The workshop objectives include:
– Learn from each other: connect, communicate, share, innovate and problem solve
– Influence the future of the Floodplains by Design Partnership
– Weave shared threads across the network and leave with a sense of connectedness, vigor and excitement to move forward
The agenda supports these objectives in four big chunks and a lot of network and conversation both in and around those chunks.
– Share stories with your peers. We have a list of great storytellers and there will be open slots if you come inspired to share your story. A story could be about a learning moment, a success you want to share or if you want input from the network on your project. If you are interested in telling your story, please contact Nancy White at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Spots are limited so reserve your spot by May 17th.
– Recognizing how over-busy we all are, we will explore what we can STOP doing so there is room for the important, effective work we do. Yes, you read that right. Figure out what to STOP doing!
– We will look toward the future and imagine where our work should be heading and how we will do it and finish by looking at the do-able first steps on those journeys.
– Sit and listen to someone at the front of the room all day. 🙂
Mark your calendars for May 28! We look forward to sharing the day with you. And don’t forget to RSVP to Nancy if you are interested in sharing your story.
Coffee and registration starts at 9:00 AM. The program will begin at 9:30 AM and finish by 3:30 PM so those of you with a long ride home have a bit more time to get a head start on traffic.
If you are driving, please consider offering any open seats to other attendees, and if you are looking for a ride check out our Group Carpool list.
We have been experiencing some glitches for Internet Explorer users, so if you use IE please RSVP using this link.
If you have any questions, please contact Courtney Baxter at email@example.com.
Hope to see you all there!
Your FbD workshop planning team