The next Floodplains by Design (FbD) workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, December 6, 2017 from 9:30-4:00 at The Mountaineers in Seattle. This workshop will bring together regional experts, local leaders, and practitioners to share experiences and knowledge in support of our collective efforts to increase the productivity and resilience of Washington’s floodplains. Organized by the FbD Management Team (The Nature Conservancy, Department of Ecology and Puget Sound Partnership), the goals of the workshop are to:
- Inform partners of the project solicitation for the next round of FbD funding, the upcoming legislative session, and efforts to accelerate construction of projects
- Share the latest developments in integrated floodplain management
- Help create a strategic roadmap that will guide FbD over the next five years
- Share your thoughts on how best to make holistic, integrated, and resilient floodplain management the way of doing business in Washington State
- Tell us what to track and how to measure our progress toward our shared vision
The workshop will be interactive, have an open space structure, and will allow ample time for networking. For questions about the workshop content, please contact Jim Kramer at email@example.com. For questions about registration or logistics, please contact Lizzie Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org.