- This event has passed.
FbD Presents: Collaboration Campfires
May 27, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating until May 28, 2021
Yup, Still Virtual! Up your online collaboration savvy with your fellow practitioners. In an initial series of five one-hour virtual gatherings, we’ll explore ways to collaborate online. We’ll sit around our virtual fire and explore the challenges and options we have to continue our integrated floodplain (and other natural resource) management work when we can’t meet in person. All of the lessons will still have application and resonance for in person meetings, so come learn with us!
Grab your coffee (or virtual s’mores) and join us for five Thursdays between March 25th and May 27th. Register for one or all. Invite your colleagues and share this offering widely. There will be recordings and artifacts to share after each campfire. The topics later in the series may evolve as we discover together what we really need. Come be part of a community of floodplain practitioners who are looking to learn with and from one another. Individually we may not have all the answers, but together we do!
- Campfire #1: Tapping each other’s brilliance through equity informed peer assistance techniques. Learn strategies for engaging expertise in your own sphere of influence and beyond through with effective and fun strategies.
- Campfire #2: De-Zoombify – alternatives to Zoom and even, gasp, alternatives to videoconferencing. Yes, you might even learn how to work with colleagues who can’t/won’t do video conferencing.
- Campfire #3: Taking the field trip to cyberspace – bringing the context and richness of a project field trip a little closer to your computer.
- Campfire #4: See it, not just say it – using online visual tools to enhance understanding and collaboration.
- Campfire #5: What have we learned? Why is it useful and important? What next? Help define future campfires and maybe we’ll even evolve into a Community of Practice! (CoP)